Play With Me: Action [Part 2]
This is the second week of the Play With Me: Action series. This week we will focus on silly party games that will have your little one dancing and making odd noises. Oh don't worry, you will be making odd noises too!
These activities are designed for children between 2 and 5 years old. Before getting started, parental assistance will be needed to help collect and setup supplies. Consider sending the supply list ahead of time so the parent can prepare in advance. This week's theme is: Party Games
- Download the Animal print out sheet
- Place the animal flash cards face down. Have your child do the same.
- First Round- Take turns flipping one card at a time. The player who does not flip the card has to make the animal sound on the card.
- Second Round-Take turns flipping the cards like the first round but now both players have to make the animal sound at the same time.
- Third Round- Take turns flipping the cards and making sounds but this time you both will also have to make a movement associated with that animal.
- Fourth Round- Speed round- each player takes a turn making all of the animal sounds as the other player shows them each card. Go through the animals this way until you both loose interest.
- Fifth Round- Each player will look at their own animal cards without letting the other player see them. They will make the sound of that animal and the other player has to guess the animal they are impersonating.
- A baseball, sun or other structured hat
- A large dish towel, large scarf (not a narrow winter scarf) or small tablecloth
- 2 Safety pins
- 4 pairs of rolled socks
- Objects such as measuring spoons, sponge, bar of soap, broach, keys, photograph, knick-knack animal etc.